CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Letter Press






The letter press was just as fun as the vandercook press, although reinking the type for every print got annoying real quick! I am very, very pleased with the prints made with the wooden type and letter press. I made a design to represent where I come from in the northern part of the state. There just so happened to be many pictures of fishing and lake scenes, which worked perfect for the design. I incorporated the name of my family's fishing resort, the lake, the bay, the state, and my name into the composition. After printing a few, I took out some blocks that didn't seem necessary. The last prints I did were on a heavier paper that was textured and gave the prints a nice antique feel that works well with the images. Once I started printing, I was on a roll and just keep cranking out the prints!

0 comments: